On this page
Reason: The Unknown error can be caused by a couple of different things. The error code will usually contain some information as to what might be wrong.
Error code: -5, No such feature exists
The most recently checked out KeyShot feature (Pro, Enterprise, Personal Edition…) is no longer available on the server.
To resolve this, either check out a different feature, or contact [email protected] to receive assistance.
Error Code: -83, Server FLEXlm version older than client’s
This error code is shown when the Luxion License server is running a version that is too old for the KeyShot Client.
To resolve the issue, follow the steps below.
1. Download the latest Luxion License Server update.
2. Run the installer file and follow the prompts on the installation wizard.
3. Launch the Luxion License Server application and click New License to reload the license.
4. It is also a good idea to update KeyShot itself. You can check for updates from the Help menu inside KeyShot.
5. Once your server is up to date and running, KeyShot will start properly.
Error code: -97, The desired vendor daemon is down
The Luxion License server Vendor Daemon is either down or does not exist.
The two most common causes for this error is:
1. LUXION.exe is being blocked by a Firewall. To resolve this, check that your Firewall is not blocking C:\Program Files (x86)\Luxion License Server\LUXION.exe.
2. The server that is being attempted to connect to, have a FLEXlm server running, but not for KeyShot. Make sure the Luxion License Server is running on the server machine. Please see here for instructions on installing the server.