KeyShot Web Configurator allows you to turn a Configurator created with KeyShot Pro into an interactive product configurator. Like KeyShotXR, a Web Configurator produces high-quality, touch-enabled, 3D content for use in any web browser, presentation software, or KeyShot Viewer.
The Web Configurator consists of still images for each configuration. The online Web Configurator has the same user interface appearance as you see in Presentation mode or KeyShot Viewer. However, the Web Configurator does not yet offer the 360 degree camera movement.
Rendering a Configurator for the web
- Set up the Configurator options as described in the Configurator Wizard page
- Launch the Render Dialog. You can find the Render dialog in the Toolbar, via the hotkey CTRL+ P (Windows) or CMD+P (MacOS) or via the Main Menu > Render > Render…
- Select the Configurator tab.
- Select the Web Configuration in Output Type.
- Give your Configurator a name, select destination folder and choose format and size.
When the rendering is finished you will find a folder containing all the images and files needed to publish the configurator in a browser. Just open the .html file in the folder and you can start configuring the scene.
Updating an existing Web Configurator
If you have already rendered a Web Configuration once, and only made a few tweaks to the layout, the way the Model Sets/Materials are combined or to the thumbnails, there is no need to re-render everything. Simply enable Update layout and thumbnails of existing Web Configurator, point to the folder containing the web configuration and press Update Web Configurator. KeyShot will update .css/.js files, depending on which configuration you have chosen to update.
Updating a web configuration will not detect changes to material parameters, geometry. If you have altered anything related to materials or geometry, you need to re-render the Web Configuration.