When you specify the server name in KeyShot, a registry entry is created. Depending on your system’s restrictions, it is possible that KeyShot is unable to write into the Windows registry. If so, you can manually edit this registry entry.
How To Edit The Registry Entry
1. Make sure that the KeyShot application is closed. Then, click the Windows Start button and search for “regedit.exe”.
2. Launch the Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
3. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > FlexLM License Manager.
4. While the FlexLM License Manager key is selected you will see a string called LUXION_LICENSE_FILE. If you don’t see this string, then create a new string. You can go to Edit > New > String Value and name it LUXION_LICENSE_FILE.
You may also create the FlexLM License Manager key inside HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software (i.e. Edit > New > Key).
5. Right-click the LUXION_LICENSE_FILE string and select “Modify”.
6. Change the Value data to the correct port number at the server’s IP Address (e.g. [email protected]). Click OK, then close the Registry Editor.
7. You may now open KeyShot on your client computer.