This section will guide you through the steps necessary to render out an image to view on a VR head-mounted display:
- Open and setup the scene of your choice in KeyShot.
- Go to the Project window’s Camera tab and open the Lens Settings accordion.
- Select Panoramic mode.
- Depending on the type of VR device you have, you may need to select Cube Map or Spherical, i.e. Oculus Rift and HTC Vive can use both, but Google Daydream needs a Spherical image.
- Enable the Stereo radio button.
- Go to the Render menu by using the Render button in the toolbar or by going to the top menu under Render > Render…
- Render the image as you would any other image. Keep in mind that you will be “immersed” in the scene, so the bigger the image resolution the more realistic it will look.
- Upload your rendered image to your headset to view the VR image. This step can be different for each VR headset device. Please consult the headset manufacturer for specific instructions for loading a VR image.