KeyShot for Revit Add-In
These installation notes are specific to the latest version of the KeyShot for Revit add-in unless otherwise mentioned. For questions about other versions, please contact [email protected]
The KeyShot for Revit add-in requirements are as follows:
- Revit 2019-2022
- Windows 64-bit
Plugins for previous versions of KeyShot are available here.
After downloading, double-click the installer (.exe) file. Follow the prompts and click Finish.
The KeyShot for Revit plugin supports these features:
- Maintain family structure
- Support for camera export
- Support for export of RPC placeholder objects
- Support for matching of Revit compass
- LiveLinking (update model inside KeyShot)
Any Animation, Scripting, and NURBS ray tracing features are only available in KeyShot Pro.
KeyShot Plugin Menu
Once installed, two KeyShot buttons will appear under the Add-Ins Tab inside Revit: Render and Export.
Click the KeyShot Render button in Add-Ins to launch KeyShot. The 3D data will be transferred from Revit to KeyShot.
Click the Export button will export your geometry as a .BIP file that you can share with other KeyShot users. KeyShot will not launch.
How To Use The Plugin
1. Open your scene or model in Revit.
2. Go to Add-Ins and click the Render button to launch KeyShot. The 3D data will be transferred from Revit to KeyShot.
3. Go to Add-Ins and click Export to export your scene as a .BIP file from Revit to share with other KeyShot users.
Go to Go to
C:\Program Files\KeyShot 9\Plugins\Revit. Double-click the uninstall file to uninstall.