KeyShot for SketchUp Extension
These installation notes are specific to the latest version of the KeyShot for SketchUp extension unless otherwise mentioned. For questions about other versions, please contact [email protected]
The KeyShot for SketchUp extension requirements are as follows:
- SketchUp 2015 – 2022
- Windows 10 and later
- MacOS 10.15 or later
Plugins for previous versions of KeyShot are available here.
Native Apple Silicon Support requires KeyShot 11.2 or later.
The KeyShot for SketchUp extension supports these features:
- Maintain colors and textures
- Recognize groups
- Update camera from SketchUp
- Export .bip
- After downloading the plugin, Launch SketchUp.
- Go to Toolbar at the top and click Window > Extension Manager.
- Choose Install Extension.
- Locate the .rbz file where you installed.
- Select Open to install.
KeyShot Extension Menu
Once installed, a KeyShot plugin menu will appear inside SketchUp under Toolbar > Extensions > KeyShot. The KeyShot extension menu provides five options: Render, Update Camera, Export, and Export SketchyReplay.
Click the Render button to launch KeyShot. The 3D data will be transferred from SketchUp to KeyShot.
Click the Update button while an existing KeyShot scene is open to update any camera changes made in SketchUp.
Click the Export button to export your geometry as a .BIP file that you can share with other KeyShot users. KeyShot will not launch.
How To Use The Plugin
- Open your scene or model in SketchUp.
- Go to Toolbar > Extensions > KeyShot > Render. The plugin will launch KeyShot and transfer the 3D model from SketchUp to KeyShot.
- Go to update any changes made in SketchUp, click the Update button while KeyShot is open. All materials, textures, labels, animations, transformations, cameras, and lighting in the scene will be preserved.
Uninstalling the plugin
- Go to Window > Extension Manager > Manage > Uninstall.
- Close and restart SketchUp.