On this page
KeyShot for Onshape Connector
For KeyShot 11.1 and later the Onshape plugin will be included in the KeyShot installer and does not require an additional installation process.
The KeyShot for Onshape connector requirements are as follows:
- Onshape account (create)
- Windows 10 and later
- MacOS 12 or later
Plugins for previous versions of KeyShot are available here.
The OnShape connector supports all of these features:
- Maintain color assignments on the part level
- Maintain assembly structure
- Model Update / Retain Settings
- Share and collaborate in Onshape
- NURBS import (requires KeyShot Pro)
The KeyShot for Onshape connector lives inside KeyShot. Thus, to use the plugin, KeyShot must be installed on your computer. Download the latest KeyShot update here.
1. After downloading, double-click the .exe (PC) or .pkg (Mac) installation file. Follow the prompts and click Finish/Close.
2. Open KeyShot.
3. Go to File, Connect to Onshape.
4. Your web browser will take you to the Onshape login page. Enter your email and password. Click Authorize Application.
5. Onshape will grant you access and provide you with an access code. Copy and paste the access code into KeyShot and click Connect.
6. KeyShot and Onshape are now connected. Your Onshape documents will appear inside KeyShot under My Documents.
KeyShot Plugin Menu
You may connect to Onshape from File, Connect to Onshape inside KeyShot. The Onshape connector window has the following options: Open, Upload, Import, and Update.
Click the Open button to navigate your way through the workspace list and select the contents of your model.
Click the Upload button to upload your current KeyShot scene to Onshape as either a .bip or .ksp file.
Click the Import button to import any Part Studio or Assembly model from Onshape into KeyShot.
Click the Update button while an existing KeyShot scene is open to update any changes on your Onshape model.
How To Use The Plugin
1. Open KeyShot.
2. Go to File, Connect to Onshape and Sign In.
3. Select your document from the document list and click Open to open the Main workspace. Click Open once more. Make sure Add to Scene is selected under your document’s import options and click Import. KeyShot will load your Onshape 3D model.
4. To update any changes made in Onshape, select Update Geometry, and click the Import button. All materials, textures, labels, animations, transformations, cameras, and lighting in the scene will be preserved.
5. To add more documents to your KeyShot scene select your document from the document list and click Open. Click Open once more, then Add To Scene and Import.
You may uninstall the KeyShot for Onshape connector from the Windows Control Panel, Programs, Programs and Features.